5 year old is sleeping a little more after head injury with no bumps or bruises. Is it normal ?

Hi my 5 year old daughter fell off the bed she cried for about a minute and when she calmed down she started smiling and laughing I checked her head for bumps and bruises and i didnt discover anything i put her in her walker and she was walking fine and acting normal but she has been sleeping a little more ,it has been 13 hours since her fall and her apitite is normal but she gets fussy after a while and falls asleep but other than that she has been acting normal. What should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
In case of babies its best to b vigilent. How sleepy is she?more than usual?is it a sudden change?is she vomiting or irritable without any reason. If yes consult a pediatrician.if no wait n watch for any new finding.feed her well
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, do not woory , if baby become unconcious, irritable or vomit after ground fall injury then this is matter of worry, other wise nothing to bother, brusis n lump is due to collection of small fluid around there which regress gradually.
Dr aseem
Homeopath Dr. Rachel's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic forum

if she vomits everything she eats or she has any bleeding from either nose or ear or she is unconcious or she has any fever then you need to worry about any head injury otherwise your baby is perfectly alright other than that she might be still shocked from her fall.
Try not to leave her alone on the bed and try using a cradle with safety bars.

wishing you good health