5 year old, has numbness in knee, has hard time walking, pain on back of knee on pressing. What treatment should be taken?

My grandson is five years old, and he is having a hard time walking. It looks like his left knee is giving him trouble. He tells me his knee feels numb. I can really see him have trouble when he tries to go up a stair. He told a friend, a physical therapist, that the back of his knee hurt when the therapist pushed on it. Any idea what it could be or who we should contact. Concerned Grandma
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012

Thanks for your query on HealthCareMagic.

We would like to have more information on this case before we can provide a definite answer:
1. Since when is the child having this problem?
2. Is it associated with fever?
3. Was there a history of injury or fall?

Under these circumstances it is always better to consult your doctor who shall examine the child and get appropriate investigations done to come to a diagnosis.

Wishing your grandson all the best.