5 year old autistic child taking epilex and clobazime. Had seizures. Are these medications safe for long term?

Dear Dr,
My only son, who is over 5 years old has been diagnosed an autistic one year after birth. His present condition is that neither he can sit up on his own nor he speaks and maintains eye contact. He is being treated by a paediatric neurologist for last four years. On his advice, we give him Apprx. 5ml of Epilex(200mg) twice daily for last four years now. He has added Clobazime 5mg OD in his dose for last one year or so. Since my child has had last seizures eight months back so the doctor did not find this right time to withdraw the medicine or reduce the doze until he is two years seizures free as he said.
Is this ok to continue with these medicines?

LKM, Delhi
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013