5 year old. Swallowed kerosene. Vomited after 4 hours, fever. Tests normal. Suggest?

Hi veena from india, 3 days before my son (5 yrs) had swallowed little kerosene. after 4 hrs vomited and we took him to hospital they had put him to observation and everthing like pulse rate , BP was normal even its normal now. and after 12 hrs doctor had taken xray and everthing is normal. he got fever 99. but doesnt have any caugh. my question is that, kerosene effect will be there for how many days and how many days he should be in observation, its urgent please suggest me as i am worried a lot about this and not able to do anything.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012