5 months. Cold, cough. Given asthalin used in a nebulizer. Maxtra oral drops and levolin syrup. Is this medicine used for asthma?

My son of 5 and half month developed cold for the first time and the doctor gave him asthalin to be used in a nebulizer . Maxtra oral drops and levolin syrup. All this seems to be used for asthma patients while my son only had cold with no fever. He had congestion the first day then nasal discharge with watery and red eyes which gradually started to fade. Today is the 9th day and his symptoms hv reduced except cough . I gav him those medicines only for 3 days. Bt they didn t seem to give any relief infact nebulizer was also of no use. I m afraid of the side effects this medicines might hav caused my baby who donot hav asthma. Both i and my husbands family donot hav any history of asthma.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012