4th diff infection followed by afib, was advised an additional Metropolal dose. Reason?

My mother just left the hospital for her 4th c-diff infection. While in the hospital she experienced Afib . Dr. put her on Metropolal 12.5 mg 2x per day with parameters. Hold taking 12.5 if Systolic is 140 than she is to take an additional 12.5 mg for a total of 25 mg. The question I have is that I m not sure what the parameter was for an additional 12.5mg dose is ie Heart Rate or Diastolic. I wrote down Diastolic 100 give an additional 12.5mg, but should that have been for the Heart Rate instead or both?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012