40 yrs old, losing watery blood during periods, bad odor, heavier periods, pain in pelvic region. Advice ?

I am 40 years old and for the last few months I have been losing very watery blood during my period. This liquid is quite unpleasant smelling and I have to change tampons very regularly as well as wearing pads (it would soak through my clothes otherwise). My periods have been getting heavier as I have got older and more painful too. I also have quite a lot of aches and pains in my pelvic region throughout the month (although I have no abnormal discharge when I am not menstruating). Many thanks for your advice.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013