40 day cycle, advised duphaston, saliva test for ovulation did not any ferning. Can I take duphaston before the prescribed day?

Hi Dr. Lundi! I have 40 day cycle for almost 3 months and I ve started taking clomiphene with increasing dose every month, I ve read that ovulation for 40 day cycle will happen around 26th day, my doctor told me to start to take duphaston on my 15th day. I ve also testing my saliva for ferning using Ovatel and today my 15day it didn t show any ferning which meant I m not fertile. Should I take duphaston even if i didn t reach yet the 26th day (my ovulation period for 40day cycle), should duphaston interfere with ovulation?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012