4 yr old has undiagnosed fevers with hands and body getting red and hot. Any ideas what is this ?

My, almost 4 yr old, daughter has an odd symptom associated with fevers that the doctors cannot explain. Every time she gets a fever that approaches 102 she complains both hands hurt or in her words feel yucky . Sometimes they are red and hot, sometimes cold and not red. It is always both hands and no other parts of her body. This started at 8 months of age. She rubs them together constantly, rubs them on the carpet or cold tile, will hold an ice pack, or wear gloves and wrap them in a blanket. Once she begins to sweat and the fever breaks she says they feel better and they return to normal. This does not happen with a low grade fever. It happened twice without a fever. Once after an allergic reaction to Clindamycin and again after an allergic reaction to Augmentin . Both times I gave her hydroxyzine and all the symptoms disappeared. She is in the 80-90 percentile for height and weight for her age, she is very active and healthy. She does not complain of any muscle or joint pain. We recently saw a neurologist and an allergist . All findings on physical examination were totally normal in fact she is advanced on her coordination. They are testing her for Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis , we will have blood tests back in two weeks. She has no symptoms of JRA. She has never had swollen lymph nodes or complained of any aches. Also each fever she has had has been associated with a cold or the flu. They do not last very long at all and we are always able to bring the high fever down within 30min to an hour of giving Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen. Raynaud s was suggested but she does not have the tri-phasic coloring and this only seems to happen with a fever or allergic reaction. Has anyone ever heard of or does anyone have bilateral hand tingling or pain during a fever that literally goes away when the fever breaks??? I am very concerned and do not want to subject my young daughter to unnecessary testing if this is just a fluke weird symptom of a fever.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013