4 year old with itching and discharge from the eyes. Swollen eyes and cheeks. Prescribed with biaxin. Proper medication?

Hi, my daughter is 4yrs old. 3 days ago she started itching at her eyes and showed signs of pink eye with dischg the next morning. That evening we got her in to a Dr who diagnosed her and prescribed her biaxin . Her eyes were swollen and even her cheeks were swollen and starting to redden. She has had 2 full doses of the antibiotic now without improvement. Actually, her cheeks are bright red now. Is there a limit of time we should wait before worrying about this? We are doing warm compresses regularly for her. She doesn t complain of pain or any other symptoms, but says she sees rainbows when looking at lights. Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013