4 year old with dilated pupils after head being hit. Had cough. Need to be checked?

4 y o daughter. Pupils are HUGE. No other symptoms. Acts as hyper and care free as always. Pupils react to light, as they should, but mostly they are dilated always. She fell and hit her head on the couch pretty hard (cried hard for 3-5 minutes) then she was the same ole girl. I thought we would pay extra attention to her because the impact looked awful. Then we noticed her pupils. The fall was 2 nights ago, we really noticed the pupil thing last night. This morning, pupils still big. We looked at some photos of her from the past year...pupils huge, pupils small....should we take her to Dr. or ER? help, 2 scared parents
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013

Thank you for your query.

As the injury occurred 2 nights back and your daughter is as active as before then there is nothing to worry about. In case she had been vomiting or was disoriented then it was a reason for being concerned. Do not worry about the dilated pupils as they are reacting normally to light.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal