4 year old needs ear stent. History of frequent ear infections. Having speech problems. Can you explain about the surgery complications?

Hi I have a 4 yr old son who they say needs ear stents in his left ear. He has had alot of ear infections over 4 years. We were told it is a temp stent lasting about 6 months. He has had major speech problems. Is this surgery a wish choice? or do we need to know a better cure? We dont know a whole lot about this surgery or procedure. Very nervouse about all this. can u plz help shed some light on this for me? thank u we dont know where else to turn at this point.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012