4 year old having itchy hives on hips. No pain or swelling. Should I take him ER?

my 4yr old son has what apears to be hives on his hips and sides. He says it s very itchy. I looked in his mouth to check for swelling and i can see what i believe is his epiglottis . i am worried something is very wrong. He says his throat does not hurt but im not sure if he is just saying that because he doesnt want to go to the doctor. So im not sure if i need to take him to er or if it can wait until tomarrow. Is it normal to see the epiglottis?
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012