4 year old having frequent cough and cold. Formonide inhaler prescribed. Will this affect the lung capacity? Diabetic chances in future?

hello doctor My 4 year old kid having cough and cold always once it comes he has to use antibiotic and all, every month he has to be shown to the doctor with cough mainly. some days he couldnt able to sleep also. it is becoming a major concern now , now the doctor prescribed formonide 100 inhaler . But some of my friends told me that once you use this you have to use this for a very long period and it will affect lung capasity also and since it has steriod there is a chance to become a diabatec patient also , so doctor please help me in this regard
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012