4 year old has the habit of overeating and vomiting to gain attention. How to deal this?

My son is an active, healthy 4 year-old who has a tendency to overheat more quickly than other children and throw up. We try to keep him fully hydrated b/c we are aware of this problem. It doesn t happen frequently, maybe only once a summer, but enough to get my attention. During one of these episodes he appears to sort of zone out momentarily, but as soon as he s cooled down he s perfectly fine. Is there anything that you think we should specifically ask his pediatrician about?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015

Every child wants to get the attention of their care takers.
Some children even behaves strangely to get attention.
Under developmental steps, this is quite normal.
When they try to get your attention with some strange behavior,
just ignore.
When a child cries for moon, what we do?
Just ignore.
Good parenting is about this too.
Ignoring when it is required.

Good luck

Dr. Anand