4 year old has a red mark on eye and its growing larger. What is it ?

My 4-year-old has a red mark on her eye and has since she was @ 18 months old. It has been gradually growing larger and does appear to be following the vessel. No one has ever given us a definitive answer as to what it is but have speculated that it may be a birthmark . A doctor mentioned that we could have it removed at any time. She has begun to notice it and tells me that she is ready to have it removed. Anyone hear of doing this at such a young age? I know that they sometimes get larger around puberty. Thanks so much! She is 4 years 7 months, 41 inches, 35 lbs
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jul 2011