4 year old complains of neck pain behind left ear, watery eyes, lethargic, pain in knees. Lyme disease ?

Hi, I have a four year old son (will be 5 in two weeks) who about a month ago began complaining of neck pain behind left ear. That seemed to go away (at least he was not complaining about it), but two weeks ago starting having pain behind the knees. Recently, the pain there seemed most pronounced after he stood up from being on the toilet to poop. He also seems to have especially watery eyes and is lethargic one minute and his normal very active self the next minute. Today, my wife discovered a red circular rash like shape around his armpit extending to his backside. We brought him to the doctor who seemed puzzled but didn t think it too serious, perhaps Lyme Disease . We had blood drawn today, but results are pending. I am a constant worrier and imagine the worst. Could you supply any thoughts to relieve the worrying? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
There is possibility of rheumatic fever too.
There is need for proper care of the child as in condition of arthritis there is need for giving rest to the joints.
you should start antibiotic as soon as you get the blood reports
you can give anti inflammatory till then.
in doubt do reply.