4 year old child, suffering from hydrocele. Going to do surgery. Medication and precautions post surgery?

I m taking my four year old in for a hydrocele surgery in two weeks and I m afraid of the outcome. He s a very healthy little boy, and I just want to know how long of a procedure this is and what medication would be ok to give him after surgery, how many days to wait to bathe him. Can he return to preschool the next day after surgery? And, I m not one to give my children any medication unless it is absolutely necessary.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012