4 rounds of Chemo,caused burn in chest due to leakage. Hurting and itching. What damage will it cause?

yes, I ve had now 4 rounds of chemo and 14 herceptins, and the first round I broke out around my port. The doctor said it was a rash , but it just kept getting worse, burning hurting iching. He sent me to get a port study and the result was the nurses had not been putting the needles in correctly and the chemo has been leaking out around the port causing severe large burn on my chest . They will be removing this port as soon as it heals, but can you tell me how this could damage the inside of my body?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
Long course of chemo generally given through chemo port, probably your port entry site has been infected, then according to culture sensitivity report proper antibiotics to be chosen. Port can be taken out and a new port may be created, That depends on your doctor. Anyway, the chemo or herceptin will not cause much harm to your body due to local contamination.