39 year old diagnosed with hip dysplasia. Will physical therapy be effective? Hip pain with limping, feeling electric shock while walking. Any advice?

I am a physically fit and active 39 year old female. I was diagnosed with hip dysplasia 2 years ago. I traveled to Boston to see Dr. Millis (Boston Childrens) and was told that it was mild. He believed my mild symptoms could be relieved through regular physical therapy . He was correct and I have virtually been pain and symptom-free for two years. However, I am now beginning to experience the hip pain, once again, and presenting with an occasional limp. However, the most difficult and most painful symptom is my lower back. It is a dull constant ache and pain that is worse when walking, and sometimes feels like someone is giving me an electric shock deep in the illiac or pelvic region (when walking). It is almost debilitating. I am wondering if this could be due to my hip dysplsia...because maybe my gait is off, thus throwing the rest of my lower back region out of whack? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013