39 weeks pregnant, tummy seems to get harder on eating, do not feel baby's movements during hardness. Are these contractions?

Hi there, I am 39 weeks pregnant. From past 3 days my tummy becoming harder when I ate any food. Then it becomes normal for some time and starts again to be harder.when it s hard baby s movement is not that much. But while normal baby moves normally. Are these called contractions. I am 1 cm dilated last Thursday. From then I am having all these changes. Before I never felt like this any time of pregnancy.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012