39 weeks pregnant, pain on left side, wraps around whole back, 3cm dilated. Should go to hospital ?

I am 39 weeks pregnant tomorrow. All day I have been having pain in my side on the left, sometimes it wraps around my whole side into my back. Last week when checked I was 50% effaced and 3 cm dialted. The pain is always there just mostly dull but gets substantailly worse when I get up and move around. Should I call my Doctor or go to the hospital?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Mar 2013
I appreciate your query.
True labour pains are generally ones which originate in the lower abdomen, and radiate to the back.
Also, they are not relieved by analgesics
They are associated with intermittent hardening of the uterus.
You can check this out yourself
Sometimes, slight reddish mucoid discharge might also occur.
SInce a week back, you were already in the latent phase of labour ( 3 cm dilated ), you should go to the hospital, as you would be likely entering the active stage of labour, particularly, if uterine contractions are also there.