38 year old, having hypertension and diabetes, ECG abnormal, LV hypertropy, heart enlarged. Second opinion required?

I am a 38 year old Male. Suffering from Hypertension and diabetes since past 7 years. I am on Glycomet GP1 and Telmax 25mg for hypertension. Recently i was asked to undergo echo cardiogram as my ECG looked abnormal. The report tells me that i have LV hypertropy. The cardiologist said that my heart is enlarged and he told there is nothing can be done. My question is should i further consult another cardiologist and take another opinion. My Trigeycerides ,and cholesterol are all normal.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012