38 year old female, trying to concieve, periods regular, LMP aug 30th. Ovulation date? Chances of concieving?

Hello I am a 38 year old woman (birthday just passed on Aug.19th) and I have decided to try for a baby. I believe my cycle ranges from 27-28 days although recently after taking the morning after pill in July my period came after 32 days and arrived on Aug. 2nd. I just got my period yesterday (first sign of it anyway...pinkish) but today this morning its a normal color. Anyway June I got my period on the 5th, July I got it on the 7th, August I got it on the 2nd (first period after taking morning after pill in July). I had unprotected sex with my partner on Aug. 20th. Unfortunately that did not result in pregnancy because I got a little light pink bleeding on the 29th but as of this morning Aug. 30th my period is it is offically here cramps and all. Anyway, my question is what date range should I begin trying for a baby again would it be Sept. 8th ,9th or 10th and how frequently? I m not sure what day I ovulate. I really want to convieve this time. Also considering my age how likely do you think it is that I will conceive.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Sep 2012
Hi, welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das
First of all, though there are several procedure by which you can identify the day of ovulation, in several instances that fails.
From your gynecological history, it can be said that you normally ovulate in between 12-16 days from the day of first menstrual bleeding.
So, my advice is try between 8th September to 18th September. Try minimum once a day.
And one more thing, counting the day of first bleeding as day one, just try from day 10 to day 20.