38 weeks pregnant having contractions. Noticed blood on toilet paper. Normal?

I m 38 weeks pregnant and I recently talked to a doctor That was on call at the hospital tonight because I have been having some contractions, some are more painful than others, and some i can time while others i cant, she didn t seem to worried about it. But after using the restroom just a minute ago I noticed little spots of blood on the toilet paper. Is this normal?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012

Welcome to HCM forum

Yes this sign is called '' show'' means you have started your labour pains

Best wishes

Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Anju Choudhary's  Response
Hi Keashia, looks like you may be going into labour, now you need to relax, time your contractions and if they are coming as frequent as once every 10-15 min then you should go to the hospital immediately.Don't worry a little blood spoting just before going into active labour is normal and called SHOW, wish you an uneventful normal delivary!