38 weeks pregnant. Pain in belly, hip and groin. Feel to throw up. Labor?

I will be 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I went to doctors this past wed and I was dilated 1-2 and he said my babies head was in position. Today I have had horrible pain in my belly and back but it has been constant. I have irregular shooting pains in my lower belly hip and groin. They last only a few seconds. I feel like I'm going to throw up and I feel like I have to poop and I can't. I took a hot bath and it calmed my pain diwn but once i was out and moving again im back into a lot of pain. with a lot if pressure down below. my belly will occasionally get tight and soften as will down near my uterus. Am I starting to go into labor?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013

The symptoms you describe are of typical labor pains .
Since you were 1-2 dialated last week it is quite possible that you are in labor as of now.

I would advice you to meet your doctor as soon as possible and get a check up done.
Don't worry and all the best.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani