37 weeks pregnant, smoked marijuana. Prescribed niacin medication. Will it flush out my system?

Yes i am 37 weeks pregnant and have smoked marijuana. I was told i could take niacin pills to clean my unborn child s and my system out. Is that true and how long would it take for both our systems to be clean. I don t want my child being born with anything in there system so if u know of any ways please let me know and how long it will take.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that you might be harming your baby if you continue to smoke marijuana and the baby may have to go through withdrawals anyways since you are so close to your delivery date. Informing the delivering physician about your usage is very important and I would also advise you to take care of yourself by quitting usage today and visiting with a psychiatrist for symptomatic treatment of potential withdrawals from the drug.

I hope this helps. Take care of yourself and have a lovely day!