36 weeks 4days pregnant, Dialted to 5cm, 60% effaced. Experiencing painful pressure in vagina during foetal movement. Labor?

Hello....I am currently 36 weeks 4 days pregnant, dilated to 5cm and 60% effaced. Im not feeling any consistent contractions only irregular but i am having extremely painful pressure in my vagina especially when the baby moves. What does this mean? Is labor coming soon? This is my 5th pregnancy but i was over due and induced with those so this is totally different.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Hopefully since you posted this question you have gotten checked out. But given this being your 5th pregnancy, 5cm dilation, and painful pressure in your vagina, you are at HIGH risk of an unplanned delivery at home. You need to be admitted and observed in a setting that is safer should you go into labor or rupture your bag of water. Simply tell your doctor that you are no longer comfortable staying at home and would like to be more closely observed while this pain is present.

I hope that this helps you. Please use the PREMIUM SERVICE if you would like a more detailed and timely answer.