34 year old diagnosed with thyroid problem. Have a family history of the disease. Can this be cured or do I have to take medication lifelong?

I m 34 years old Lady......I ve undergone thyroid test last week..........T30-0.88,T4-9.70 and TSH-9.190,earlier to this I didn t had Thyroid Problem.............because 6 years earlier also I got the thyroid test done but that time it was mother also has thyroid problem from the past 4 years................What precautions I ve to take and If medication is taken regularly can it be cured or I have to take medication lifelong............
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012