34 weeks pregnant, developed habit of inhaling fabric softener. Will this harm baby?

Hello, I am currently 34weeks pregnant and over the last couple of weeks have developed a habit of inhaling fabric softener. It's actually the new fragrance enhancer beads that some brands have created. I just love the smell of them and usually take a few moments sniffing the cap when I start a load of laundry. Is this behavior harmful to my unborn child?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Sep 2013
Thanks for writing in to us.

Though it is unlikely that your newborn might get affected as you are doing this only from last two weeks, I suggest you stop this at once so that it does not become addictive in the long run. Most of these chemicals contain toluene as a component and it gets addictive to few. You have done the right thing be seeking help.

Hope this helps

OBGYN Dr. Smita Gupta's  Response
welcome to HCM!
as its a very short duration exposure,inahling fabric softener will not harm your baby.
this habit may go off after delivery.Hope so.
at present,no tensions.all the best!

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.