34 weeks pregnant, baby low on weight, unable to drink or eat just sleeping. Is it normal ?

Hello. My name is AAAAAAA. This might sound like a funny question, but it has been going on for weeks now and im starting to get a little worried. I am 34 weeks and 1 day pregnant with my first baby. My doctors told me that he is a little low on his weight for how far along i am, but they said he is heathly and growing fine besides that. For the last week in a half to two weeks now, i havnt been able to eat or even drink water without feeling like im going to throw up. I have been taking a LONG nap and it seems to go away, but when i wake up im just a little hungry and I do it all over again.. My mother told my to try some crackers. but im afraid those wont even help.. Im not sure if this is normal, or what else to expect.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Mar 2013
I appreciate your query.
It is unusual for nausea and vomiting of pregnancy to persist till the 34th week of pregnancy.
However, I would advise you to consult your doctor, and also get your Liver Function Test done, as sometimes, mild liver derangement in late pregnancy manifests in this way.
It is also possible that you might be having gastritis ( acidity ) which causes indigestion and nausea.
Try taking small frequent, non spicy , non oily meals.
Do not go hungry for more than 2- 3 hours at a stretch - keep having small snacks like fruit, buttermilk, milk, dry fruits etc.
Also, try crackers or dry toast on empty stomach first thing in the morning before getting up from bed.
You can also try taking antacids and antiemetics ( eg. doxinate ) which are safe in pregnancy.
You can consult your doctor for detailed prescription.
Also, your lack of diet and hydration might be causing the growth impairment in the baby.
It is important to consume enough fluids, in the form of water , juices, soups, milk, buttermilk, coconut water etc.. atleast 3 - 4 litres per day.
The doctor would clinically assess the growth of your baby by abdominal examination.
However, at 34 weeks, you can also go for a detailed ultrasound as well as Colour Doppler of the fetus ( baby ) which will assure you about the growth and blood supply to the baby.
Hope this helped.