32 year old suffering from posture related shoulder pain and swelling. X-ray report showing straightening of spine in the cervical area. Will this cause paralysis?

Hello Doctor, I am age 32, Female.For the last four years I am suffering with shoulder pain. It started 16 years back, but it was a mild pain at that time. But four years back, my work nature was to look into microscope for several hours. It is then the pain aggravated, and I used to apply Pain removing creams occasionally as prescribed by a doctor. But I dint had any X-Ray or MRI done at that time. Thou at present I am not in the same profession but still I need to seat for a long time in front of computer. Few months back on having some difficult pain again I visited a doctor and the X-ray report suggests the straitening of the Spine in cervical area.I also have persisting swelling in my shoulder for last few years that goes of and comes back in regular interval. I would like to know about the precautions and effects of this. How serious can it turned to be. Can it cause a paralysis ? What is the chances of my recovery? Doctor has asked for physiotherapy and some supplementary medicines like Calcium and Vitamins . Can Gastrointestinal problems aggravate the problem? Apart from the medicine and Physiotherapy what else can be done?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012