32 year old have worn out cartilage and mal-tracking knee caps. Fulkersons osteotomy suggested. No kids. Born with dislocated hips. Advice?

Hi there, should i go ahead with fulkersons osteotomy? I am 32 female and haven t had kids yet. I have been told that due to mal-tracking knee caps i have worn away half of my cartilage on both sides. The surgeon i saw briefly said that my knees are really bad and that they would do one side first and the next 4months later...If i don t, i will apparantely end up like an 80 year old in 10 years time but to be honest i have rapidly gone from being a very active person to feeling like an 80 year old and in major pain already...on a weekly basis is gets worse & worse. I was born with dislocated hips and am finding that they have become very painful since my knees have deteriorated so much. I am awaiting MRI for hips & sacral too. I just want to get back to being my normal active sporty self - am i doing the right thing? Is this the best overall route for me to take? Many thanks,
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012