32 weeks pregnant. Getting contractions. Will it be safe to take dexamethasone injection?

hi iam 32 weeks pregnant and im suffering by too much contruction which i cant husbund brought me in the hospital...they examined everything and i have still too much contractions... unfortunately my internal oz is closed but the doctor told me to have an injection of dexamethasone IM to make my baby lungs matured just in case i delivered anytime... Im wondering if it is safe for my baby..because i ved read here in internet that dexamethasone drug is a form of steroids...Is there any harmful effects of this drug to my baby?thank you
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012