32 week pregnant, is this also good or ?

hi,m32 week pregnant n my hemoglobin is 9.9 is this ok n i my baby weight is like about 1.8kg is this also good or?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jun 2010
Hi, welcome to
This level is quite dissatisfactory and will harm your baby and cause complications for u too during & after delivery so consult your gyanic and follow all instructions regarding diet, medication & rest etc. as for as babys wt is concerned if you follow all instructions properly baby will attain normal wt upto its birth bcause maximum wt gain occurs in last few weeks of pregnancy.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi sehru,

Welcome to HCM.

9.9 Hemoglobin is slightly on the lower side but not very serious condition. In Indian females 11 is taken as normal. You will need iron supplement as well as a good diet, rich in iron and vitamins. I think this can be easily managed by your obstetrician and you do not have to worry at all.

Your baby weight is perfectly adequate for the gestation period and there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Wishing you and the baby in your womb, all the best.
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. Your hemoglobin is slightly on a lower side of normal. And the baby weight is perfect for gestation period. You must increase iron intake with green leafy vegetables and iron and folic acid supplements. You must visit your gynecologist at regular intervals for proper evaluation and monitoring of the growth of your baby. Wish you good health.