30 yrs, having short periods, pain before menstruation, tiredness. Reason?

hi i would like to know that i m 30 yrs and not married ..past 4-5 months i have been noticing that i experience less bloof flow during my periods..generally they use to last for 4-5 days and nopw only 2-3 dayz maximum and i get a lot of pain atleast 7-8 before i start with my menstrual cycle..the pain is in lower back ..sometimes feel low and tired, my face lokks down and sometimes in my pelvic area too but as soon i start with my periods after first day ..from second day the pain goes off..please answer my query
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

Pain in lower abdomen and low back before starting the period; and relief after the period starts; are typical symptoms of pelvic congestion. This type of painful menstruation is known as Congestive or Secondary Dysmenorrhoea.

Your description suggests that you are having chronic pelvic infection. However, pelvic infection usually increases the blood flow during menstruation. However, tuberculosis is one infection of the genital organs which may decrease the menstrual flow. Your symptoms of felling low, tiredness, etc. also are suggestive f tubercular infection.

Please get your X-ray of the uterus and sonography done which will give you some clue about it. Also get X-ray of the chest done. Please report to your Gynaecologist ASAP.

I hope you got the message.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri