3 yr old had back pain, diagnosed hypotonia, on physical therapy. Renal ultrasound shows hydronephrosis. What next ?

Hi. I have a son who just turned three. He has been having back pain for over a year. He has been diagnosed with hypotonia and is doing physical therapy for it. Last Friday he woke up with a fever and very sick still complaining more than ever about his back. We went to the er and they said it was a virus. His pediatrician ordered a renal ultrasound, which was done today. The tech told be she saw a blockage on both sides but worse on the left. She said it was called hydronephrosis . What will this mean for us?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013