3 yr old finished radiation, chemo for cancer. Right ear has become black, is draining. Is it common ?

Hi I have a 3 year old grandson who has cancer , he just finished radiation , and will be on chemo for the next year, while taking radiation, his right ear became black and looks like it is dead, and not getting any circulation and its draining as well the doctors have said they are not sure, but think its from the radiation and to wait and see if it clears up after a month or so, my fear is that in a month or so, it will be to late. Is this common??
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012