3 yr old down with fever, sore throat, stomach pain. What's wrong ?

Hi--we live in northern Philadelphia area suburbs. 2 weeks ago my 3 year old grandson came down with a (virus)- fever , sore throat and would not eat for days, only taking liquids. He was back to normal on day 5. I was with him the day he before he became ill and 2 days later, I started with a mild sore throat and a stomach ache and fever followed 2 days later. I am 56 yrs old and cannot recall ever having had a stomach ache and it s pretty constant and bothersome and I still have the sore throat but fever seems diminished, now that I ve taken this long weekend to rest. I am now on day 11. I m guessing it s just something I need to ride out?? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012