3 year old with wheezing and cough. Using asthalin solution. Need a permanent cure

My Son is 3 years 8 months old. Very frequently he is admitted in hospital because of wheezing , cough . Present i am using asthalin solution 0.5 and diluted with normal saline 2.5ml . My doubt is like asthalin is used as a reliever only,but for long time what i can use for prevention. I am having doubt that how manydays i can use normal saline after opening the bottle..
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
good evening, first of all theres no permanent cure for wheezing, it can only be prevented and controlled. u can prevent it by avoiding dust smoke air pollution, dampen walls, talcum powder, deodrants, room freshners, dusting the floor when the child is around, plant pollen, elders should not smoke at home, avoid stuffy hairy toys, avoid cold feet, citrus fruits- pineapple grapes, thick rugs, thick floor carpets which harbor dust mites, avoid strenous excercises , sudden exposure to cold water in swimming pools because these factors may trigger wheezing, even common cold , running nose , slight cough have to be treated in the begining as it may progress towards wheezing. as u are telling that ur child is getting wheezing very frequently he may fall into the classification of moderate persistent wheeze which requires regular use of inhalers- salbutamol and other mild inhaled steroids and regular checkups at the clinic to note his adherence to the drug, so i would like u to reviw with ur pediatrician / chest physician for further care.
Pediatrician, Cardiology Dr. Pradeep Kumar's  Response

You are right that asthalin is used as a reliever only. For long term management get serum IgE level and absolute eosinophil count done for your son. If it is raised then it suggests respiratory distress of allergic origin. Then Montair-LC kid can be added for long term management. On the basis of frequency of episodes steroids may also be needed for control.

So I would suggest you to consult your physician for proper laboratory and clinical evaluation and then management according to the diagnosis of the condition.
Ideally you should use a saline bottle for one time only.Better you buy a normal saline minibottle containing 5-10 ml saline.

With regards