3 year old with pain in the knees and elbows, fever. Anything to be worried?

My 3 year old son has been complaining of his knees hurting for at least a year now. At first we thought growing pains but just recently we brought him in for X-ray (which came back normal) but dr thinks his knees may be bumping during the day which causes pain at night. Now he has just started complaining of elbow pain as well as knee pain and tonight he is running 101.4 fever. I plan to take him to dr on Monday to rule out my worst fear. What do you think this could be?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013