3 year old having respiratory allergy. On foracort 100 inhaler. Any effect on stopping inhaler?

my son who is going to be three years in three weeks has been on foracort 100 inhaler for the last two and a half months. his doctor says he has a respiratory allergy and the inhaler would work for at least two to three months and then he can stop. but i have also read that it is not wise to just stop using the inhaler. what are the reasons for this? my son seems to have improved a whole lot and does not whiz or snore when he sleeps - he used to before he was on the inhaler.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012