3 year old having fever and headache, sensitive to bright light. Lab test clear. Should I go for medical treatment?

my 3yr old son has high fever for 3 days now and has headaches; he s quite sensitive to bright lights, we already had lab test done today and no infection was found; rbc counts are normal, no lymph nodes no coughing no colds or anything. just a high fever and complaints of headaches. and everytime he s complaining of headaches his veins are all criss- crossing on the sides of his forehead . should I go to the ER now or what?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It seems from the history that your 3 year old son is having fever and headache and sensitivity to light. These complaints indicate infection either viral or bacterial. This requires medical treatment by antibiotics. Since he is also having sensitivity to bright light he requires treatment to prevent complications.

Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you