3 year old having behavioral problems after parental split. How to deal with the situation?

my 3 year old son has been through alot with me and his dad splitting and his dad is now in prison so he doesnt get to see him, he is out of control and does not do as his told its like he likes being told off... ive done everything for him on my own and i feel as if he hates me and his punishing me for his dad never doing much or being there. i know at his age its difficulty for him to understand it all fully but he knows something is going on and sometimes he says he hates me and i dont know what to do anymore ive run out of ideas for discipline when his naughty and dont know what to do anymore
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012