3 year old having a stitch on the lower lip after an injury. Plastic thread hanging from the stitch. Is it not healing?

Hi Dr, Pls tel us when the stich would fall off and if we need to see the looks like a white plastic thread.. My son is 3 yrs n 5 mon ths n he fel on his lip n d lower lip was stich n we were told that its a dissolvable one...its exactly a week since but the stitches have not fallen of and a white plastic thread is hanging from the end n a little knot along with it is also seen...the lip is completely healed and is al soft n pink..he is finding the thread bothering him on the lip..
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012