3 year old, hair fall, constipation, dark circles under eyes. Blood test shows low iron. Suggestions?

my 3 yr old granddaughter has sudden hair loss and has suffered severe consipation since she was 8 months old. The dr did a blood test her iron was a little low (but not low enough for treatment) but otherwise everything is normal. She also looks tired, often with dark circles under her eyes. im truly worried about her and would appriciate any advice/information that may help me understand what the problem might be.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012