3 year old had removal of vascular malformation above elbow, given morphine. Suffers hearing now. Reasons ?

My 3 year old had surgery to remove a vascular malformation just above his elbow . It was a grape size lump under the skin. Before the surgery he had Versed orally. He was under anesthesia during the surgery. I m not sure what meds he had, but I know the nurse mentions Morphine for pain. Today our son is having trouble hearing. He also seems slightly confused. We thought maybe the Versed made him confused, but we are really worried about his obvious hearing issue.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012