3 year old got ear cleaned with hydrogen peroxide mix for ear pain. Mild bleeding from ear. Low grade fever after the procedure. Why?

Took 3 year old son to pediatrician due to him complaining of ear pain. No fever at that time. Pediatrician found large blockage of earwax and irrigated with water/ hydrogen peroxide mix in the elephant ear washer system. Large piece of wax was removed. The irrigation seemed painful (I ve never seen my son cry that hard) and a trace amount of blood was seen in his ear canal after the procedure. After the irrigation, pediatrician looked in his ear and could not see signs of infection. Later that night son developed low grade fever (~100 degrees), acted OK overall, but complained that ear was sensitive to the touch. How serious is this? Should I call the pediatrician tomorrow (weekend) or do I need to have him seen by an ENT?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013