3 year old, ear infection. Rocephon injection taken. History of cold, sore throat. Due to swimming?

My son is 3 years old. He NEVER had ear infections as an infant and was rarely ever sick. In fact he was never sick enough to ever need antibiotics . This past March he came down with a nasty cold which naturally turned into an ear infection. He was prescribed an antibiotic but refused to swallow it. We tried everything and by the time of his check up the ear had actually cleared on its own. Three months later we went through the same thing. This time it started with what he said was a sore throat but our Dr said his throat was fine but he had another ear infection (different ear than the first). Again, refused the antibiotics. This time the infection was worse and he needed them and we ended up having to give him 3 doses of Rocephon injection . The ears quickly cleared up. 2 weeks later (now) he woke up with the cough and sneezing AGAIN. Not complaining of the ears yet.. but I know its coming. He doesnt attend daycare so for him to get sick this much in a short period of time is really odd for our situation. The only thing that I can link all three illnesses to is swimming. He went swimming 2 days before coming down with the cold in March as well as these past two times. Can swimming cause him to actually catch a cold virus of some sort? (Note: ear infections were of the inner ear .. NOT outter/swimmers ear)
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012