3 year old child, suffering from constipation, lump near anus. On movacol for softening stools. Piles or cysts?

Hi my 3 year old has suffered with constipication for over a year, and now I have noticed a small pea sized lump inside one of his bum cheeks near his anus , he is complaining it huts and is scratching his bottom, he is on movacol medication still once a day to soften his stools and had been quite regular for the past 4 months however I am concerned he may have piles or a cyst , this is not the first time i have felt a lump here during the past year, I am wondering if this lump is causing him some discomfort when passing his stools which psychologicaly affected him which is why he still tries to stop himself from passing stools by crossing his legs what do you advise?
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I rally appreciate your concern the constipation in this age group is due to he diet that the child is given, home made more fiber containing diet with lot of water would be nice for child, stop giving any stool softener, for the lesion that you have noticed may not be cyst or pile, but the chances of Rectum prolapse is very likely, to get it confirm you need to see the pediatric surgeon, hope this information helps you, have nice day.